In recent years, the adoption of mobile services is increasing hence, network technology is giving more power to consumers and social media, here the role of crowdsourcing plays an important role by gaining popularity.The benefits of crowdsourcing to mobile network operators (MNOs)are to obtain actionable insights from vast pools of data, so that you can make better decisions. With crowdsourcing, MNOs will be able to make wider strategyin a significant way.
Crowdsourcing technology is the procedure of getting needed services, ideas, and content online by asking contributions from a large group of community or people, rather than traditional ways. Using crowdsourcing, enterprises or firms can outsource and distribute labor to a large group of people, which will allow them to select the best result from a sea of talents performing micro-tasks. Crowdsourcing gives the benefit in terms of reducing costs, collection of massive amounts of data, increasing visibility for better decision-making, and delivery of results much more quickly than when using traditional methods.
There are some benefits of using crowdsourcing data for 5G network planning, such as expanding your efficiency, lowering your operating costs, improving the user experience for your customers, and increasing profits. To run a successful crowdsourcing operation, you should maintain your wider network management and consider many things. This will significantly improve your planning and implementation. So, now let us see What to consider when using crowdsourcing data for 5G network planning along with User-friendly 4G Tester, 4G LTE Tester, 4G Network Tester and VOLTE Testing tools & Equipment and User-friendly Best wireless site survey software, site survey tools for wireless networks & Wifi site survey software app in detail.
Crowdsourcing and the realm of mobile services-
Crowdsourcing surrounded by the area of mobile servicesare using with following objectives:
- Enhancingprevalent services and apps which are used by mobile subscribers.
- Providing operators with detailed insights on the quality of operators’ network delivers.
- Helping operators to understand, manage and improve network quality (observed by their subscribers).
For example, a mobile app called Waze that focus on collecting dedicated crowd data from mobile users to measure drivers’ speeds, to report traffic jams in real-time, predict traffic jams and give directions automaticallyfor the best highway to take.To gather network measurements, either manually or automatically through mobile apps, or directly from the network using call traces, crowdsourcing methodology for mobile networkscontrols a crowd of participants, mobile subscribers – crowdsourcing also collects massive amounts of geolocated sample measurements, gives valuable insights for network operatorsto improve some of the following operational activities.
- Network planning and deployment
- Network optimization
- Network troubleshooting
Benefits: Crowdsourcing for automation as per use cases:
Advantages of crowdsourcing in terms of site prioritization –
- Crowdsourcing allows for site deployment prioritization to address network coverage, and capacity issues as detected.
- Provides an estimation of the network quality for site densification done before and after.
- Evaluates the Return on Investment (ROI) of deploying new sites.
Key benefits of crowdsourcing in terms of Capacity planning –
- Provides ideas on traffic density forecasts and estimation.
- Offers an input of the network score based on simulated network KPIs, conducted either before or after 5G deployment.
- Provides a clear picture of the reasons (cell loads, throughputs, packet losses) that can cause congestion factors, both for peak hours and periods of lower demand.
Key benefits of crowdsourcing in terms of service launch –
- Provides input into estimation and forecasts of traffic density at a minimum level of network quality.
- Identifies those buildings that have unacceptable service quality without deploying in-building solutions.
Crowdsourced data is becoming an increasingly vital part of network planning – showing great potential for improving network engineering activities and reducing operational costs. When looking for network testing solutions to support your own crowdsource network planning, RantCell is the best Android phone-based tool to choose from. RantCell will help you perform network monitoring and measurement on 5G/4G coverages with automation. You can perform network measurement using RantCell for continuous testing, benchmarking solution along with the crowdsourcing solution and saving your time and money.